- Wheat Holds Higher on Thursday
- The wheat complex closed the Thursday session with gains. CBT SRW settled up 5 1/4 to 11 cents in most contracts, with KC HRW contracts up 13 ¾ to 16 ½ cents. MPS spring wheat futures were 15 ½ to 17 ½ cents higher on the day. Ahead of Friday’s...
- Cotton Posts Sharp Gains on Thursday
- Cotton futures posted another day of sharply higher trade, with contracts up 159 to 369 points on Thursday. The outside markets were supportive, with crude oil up $2.06/barrel and a weaker dollar index. Export Sales data indicated a total of 102,400 RB of upland cotton was sold for 22/23 delivery,...
- Fats Higher on Thursday, Feeders Head Lower
- Live cattle futures ended the Thursday session with contracts 7 to 62 cents higher. August was the exception, up $1.40. So far this week cattle have changed hands at $144-148 in the north, up $4-5 on the week, with some $229-235.50 in the beef. A few trades at $140 have...
- Hogs Post Marginal Gains on Thursday
- Lean hog futures were up 15 to 65 cents in most contracts on Thursday. The USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $121.37 on Thursday afternoon, down $11.11 from the previous day’s report. The August 9th CME Lean Hog Index was down 16 cents to $122.09. The weekly Export Sales...
- Corn Closes Higher on Thursday
- Corn futures closed the Thursday session with contracts 4 to 9 ¼ cents, as traders were positioning themselves ahead of Friday’s USDA reports. Prior to those USDA reports, a Bloomberg survey puts the trade average guess for US corn yield at 176 bpa, down 1 bpa from July. The weekly...
- Soybeans Post Double Digit Gains Ahead or Friday’s USDA Reports
- Soybean futures posted 19 to 21 ¼ cent gains in most contracts on Thursday, with September up 11 ¼. Meal was up $6.90/ton on the day, with bean oil 192 points higher in September. A Bloomberg survey puts the trade average guess for US soybean yield at 51.0 bpa, down...
Storing Grain On Farm?
Help Protect your investment by treating your bins with Protect-it
Contact Collwest for your supplies
Collwest has developed an app to give our customers the ability to have easy access to information such as scale tickets, contracts, settlements and commodity balances.
It is our goal to always give our customers the up to date tools and resources needed to run their businesses and we believe this app allows us to do that.
Download it today on the App Store or Google Play store and call the office for any assistance.
View the latest version of Farm View online
2924 6th Line R.R#2, Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z1
705-445-7276 OR 1-800-613-4713